Tuesday, May 5, 2015

(Posts from the Author) OMFG I DID IT

Okay, so, it's NBD, really. I just hit "submit" on a short story for an epub horror magazine.

It's just... deep breath... this is my FIRST submission, anywhere, ever, for anything!

Okay, that isn't true. Come to think of it, I've submitted lots of news stories for contests over the course of my carrier (won some, too!).

But, dammit... this is the first time for me submitting a fictional piece for a literary magazine.

And, you know what... they're not going to print it. 

No! It's okay! I'm not trying to be negative. Just truthful. The acceptance rate there is about 2 percent, which means about 98 percent of the time they reject stuff. They reject GOOD stuff, as well as bad. So, chances are, I won't get in.
Go, doggy! Go!

But, it's like the lotto. You can't win if you don't play, right?

I feel like I just bought a Powerball ticket.

Some lucky dog's gonna win, right?

Wish me luck! (Or not. Like I said, it's NBD)

--LLH

No comments:

Post a Comment