Wednesday, April 22, 2015

(Posts from the Author) This is it!

I've found it!  (My god, it's full of stars...)

No, but really...

I have FOUND my genre. I didn't know I was missing it, even. I didn't know it existed, or was even a THING you could BE until I stumbled upon it.

And now it's like, Yes! This is who I am! This is what I want to be! This is who I have always been inside, only I didn't realize that there were others out there just like me.

Err... is finding your genre a little like discovering your sexuality?

Maybe. Perhaps. No matter, though... here it is. Everybody, I am --

URBAN FANTASY!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_fantasy

From the Wiki:

Urban fantasy is a subgenre of fantasy defined by place; the fantastic narrative has an urban setting. Urban fantasy exists on one side of a spectrum, opposite high fantasy, which is set in an entirely fictitious world. Many urban fantasies are set in contemporary times and contain supernatural elements. However, the stories can take place in historical, modern, or futuristic periods, and the settings may include fictional elements. The prerequisite is that they must be primarily set in a city.

 
Characteristics
Urban fantasy describes a work that is set primarily in the real world and contains aspects of fantasy. These matters may involve the arrivals of alien races, the discovery of earthbound mythological creatures, coexistence between humans and paranormal beings, conflicts between humans and malicious paranormals, and subsequent changes to city management




Now that I know who I am, I feel like I've found a place to start...


Enjoy,
L.L.H.

P.S.  -- Also, this.


No comments:

Post a Comment