Tuesday, September 1, 2015

(Posts from the Author) Acceptance

I got an acceptance letter today.

A story--a fiction story--that I wrote--got accepted for publication.

Holy CRAP!

Yes, I am happy! Elated! Over the freakin' moon!!!!
Just like this...

I had a feeling about this one. It's a flash fiction piece, only 363 words, that I dashed off last week in a moment of inspiration. It was another one of those writer's flashes that I was going to let go, but made myself write down, because those flashes are my best ideas. Writers--listen to those! 

Is it my best work, ever? Of course not. Of course it's something I dashed off and had tremendous fun with. Of course it's something that I wrote while I was "supposed" to be working on another story. Of course it's something that I'm not entirely in love with, or invested in. And, of course, I submitted it somewhere else first and got turned down. And, because I'd been turned down again, and again, that turn-down didn't hurt so much... making way for my first fiction-piece acceptance, ever.

Man, I could fly!

Hang in there, fellow writers. Good things are coming to those who persevere. Keep throwing your stuff out there, because something's gonna stick.

Yours from the other side of the moon,
LLH


No comments:

Post a Comment